DrawLive Ltd trading as walkit.com (Company Number 4052373) whose registered office is at Oak Tree Barn, Moorgate, Blickling, NR11 6PX (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.walkit.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Information relating to your age, date of birth, height, weight and gender that you have provided to us to allow us to tailor the information we provide you; for example in giving you details of the estimated number of calories to be used in walking a particular route.
IP addresses and cookies
If you have reached this section from another webpage, please read it in the context of the entire page.
An 'IP Address' is a numerical label used to uniquely identify a device that is connected to a network (for example the Internet). See the Wikipedia article for a more detailed explanation.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
A 'Cookie' is a small text file that is stored by a web browser on your computer, mobile phone or other web-enabled device. Cookies allow websites to store information that is useful to remember beyond a single visit to a web page or site. Cookies are often used to store user preferences, or to make log-in based services (such as mywalkit or mywalkit+) possible. Cookies are also used extensively by advertisers on the Internet. You can read more detailed information about Cookies in the Wikipedia article.
For the same reasons as we may store non-personalised information about your visit to walkit.com on our servers (see IP Addresses above) , we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using Cookies which are stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
You may refuse to accept Cookies by activating the setting in your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of Cookies. However, if you select this setting you will be unable to access certain parts of our site. mywalkit and mywalkit+ services will be unable to function at all without Cookies.
If you would like more information about the privacy policies and about cookies used by third party suppliers to walkit.com, as well as opt-out information, please review the following list:
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including, but not limited to tailoring any walking routes or walking data specifically for you, based upon your height, weight, age and/or gender).
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about our own services which may be of interest to you, where you have consented to this. We would contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) for such purposes.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals for marketing purposes or to our advertisers, but we may provide aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information for marketing purposes and to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you for marketing or to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 736 of the UK Companies Act 1985.
We do not disclose your personal information to any third parties save as permitted below.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If walkit.com Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.