From the blog
- Nearly 70% said that walkit.com had encouraged them (at least once) to walk in place of using another mode of transport
- Over 31% said they were now either 'always' or 'often' walking instead of using a car (34% for taxis).
- Over 55% said they were taking at least an extra hour of exercise each week as a result of using walkit.com.
- London dominates in terms of usage
- The top request for a new UK city was Brighton (abroad it was Paris)
- The best thing about the site was its 'ease of use' (overwhelming response)
- The improvement requested most was coverage of more towns and cities
- Very few respondents were annoyed by the ads on the site (phew!)
- 66% were lasses v 33% lads
- Over 40% use Facebook daily!
What would be your top choice for a new UK city/town for us to launch in?
Brighton was out in front, with Bath, Liverpool and York tying for second, followed by Oxford.
If you'd like us to launch walkit.com in cities in Europe or North America, please enter up to 3 city choices below.
Paris was way out front as people's first choice, followed (in order) by New York, Amsterdam, Barcelona and Berlin.
What's the best thing about walkit.com?
'Ease of use' was the resounding answer to this one, followed by the estimated walking times, and the option to select different route types (direct v less busy).
What do you think is the single most important thing we should do to make walkit.com better?
Much the most common request was for us to expand into new areas. Other major requests were for better quality and clearer mapping, more footpath data, and an Android mobile phone app.