From the blog
Very many thanks to all 777 of you who completed our annual user survey in May.
We're once again really pleased with the results – see graphs below.Some things to note in terms of the behaviour change we're catalysing:
- 75.9% of respondents say that walkit.com has encouraged them (at least once) to switch to walking from another mode of transport
- As a result of using walkit.com, the following % of respondents say they are either 'always' or 'often' now walking instead of taking a:
- Car – 26.5%
- Taxi – 35.3%
- Tube/metro/subway – 49.5%
- Bus – 52.5%
- Train – 24.3%
- 53.6% of respondents say they are taking at least an extra hour of exercise per week as a result of using walkit.com
- They are self-selecting respondents (not a random sample)
- Over half the respondents were using the service in London
Finally – many more women than men seem to be using walkit.com (see final chart). It could be tempting to deduce that more men than women are just bone idle, but there must be other factors at work here… If you've got thoughts (and here are some theories), please leave a comment below.
(apologies for font size)